318 Aiken Road
Ridge Spring, SC 29129
- Selling 325 bulls and 100 females
- Forage-developed Angus cattle with select offering of SimAngus and Ultrablack genetics
- Large offering of coming, 2-year-old bulls
- Free bull delivery in GA, FL, and Carolinas or anywhere in U.S. with $5000 total bull purchases
Request a Catalog
Yon Fall Sale - October 26, 2019
A warm fall day was enjoyed by all at the Yon Fall Sale on October 26th. The sale offering included both bulls and females, mainly registered Angus, with a select offering of SimAngus and Ultrablack genetics. The sale was broadcast live on the Internet using the services of DVAuctions. A standing room only crowd was on hand throughout the day as 305 head came through the ring. Neighbors and friends, as well as many former employees served delicious beef stew and were on hand to help make the auction run smoothly. Auctioneers were Eddie Burks and Darren Carter. The results of the sale are as follows:
- 121 Two-year-old Angus bulls averaged $5,239
- 11 Two-year-old SimAngus bulls averaged $4,795
- 9 Two-year-old Ultrablack bulls averaged $4,889
- 64 Yearling Angus bulls averaged $3,777
- 3 Yearling SimAngus bulls averaged $3,500
- 5 Yearling Ultrablack bulls averaged $5,250
- 14 Angus Bred Cows averaged $3,871
- 28 Angus Bred Heifers averaged $3,741
- 22 Angus Fall Cow/Calf Pairs averaged $3,218
- 6 Angus Feature Open Heifers averaged $13,500
- 5 Angus Split Pairs averaged $3,830
- 2 SimAngus Bred Cows averaged $2,050
- 3 SimAngus Fall Cow/Calf Pairs averaged $2,650
- 5 SimAngus Bred Heifers averaged $2,360
- 1 SimAngus Split Pair brought $3,100
Top bull was Lot 102, Yon Reno G143, at $15,500 to Alta Genetics in Watertown, WI. His sire is Spring Cove Reno 4021. (Yons retained a 1/3 semen interest)
The second high selling bulls were all for $11,000- Lot 2,3, and 8. Lot 2, Yon Payweight F722, sold to Simmons Farms in Sale City, GA. Lot 3, Yon Payweight F692, sold to John Balls in Sandyvile, WV. Lot 8, Yon Proactive F989, sold to Great Mark Western in Tallahassee, FL. (Yons retained a 1/3 semen interest)
Top open heifer was Lot 281, Yon Burgess G309, at $43,000 to De Su Angus in New Albin, IA.
Second high open heifer was Lot 285, Yon Burgess G158, sold to Wall Street Cattle Co. in Labanon, MO.
Top selling bred heifer was Lot 345, Yon Sally F232, at $13,000 to Olson Cattle Research in Barnwell, SC.
The Yon Family Farms Spring Sale will be held on February 15, 2020 in Ridge Spring, SC where approximately 300 head will be offered. Visit their website at www.yonfamilyfarms.com for more information.