31st Annual Spring Sale
THANK YOU TO ALL BUYERS AND BIDDERS IN OUR SALE.
We greatly appreciate the support of everyone involved. Please let us know if we can help with any questions in the future.
Ridge Spring, SC 29129
- Forage-Developed Angus Cattle
- Select Offering of SimAngus & Ultrablack Cattle
- 225 long yearling (fall born) bulls
- 100 females (fall pairs, bred cows, bred heifers)
- Purchase 5-9 bulls, deduct 5% off
- Purchase 10 bulls or more, deduct 10% off
All sales can be viewed online with bidding at DVAuction.
All cattle sell satisfaction guaranteed.
Free bull delivery with $5,000 total bull purchases or anywhere in SC, NC, GA, and FL.
Request A Catalog
30th Annual Yon Spring Sale - February 15, 2020
A cold, but sunny day was enjoyed by all at the 30th Annual Yon Spring Sale on February 15th. The sale offering included both bulls and females, mainly registered Angus, with a select offering of SimAngus and Ultrablack genetics. The sale was broadcast live on the Internet using the services of DVAuctions. A standing room only crowd was on hand throughout the day as 265 lots came through the ring. Neighbors and friends prepared and served delicious chili, and many former interns and employees were in the back making the auction run smoothly. Auctioneers were Eddie Burks and Darren Carter. The results of the sale are as follows:
- 175 Yearling Angus bulls averaged $4,424
- 14 Yearling SimAngus bulls averaged $4,929
- 7 Yearling SimAngus HT bulls averaged $3,857
- 2 Yearling Ultrablack bulls averaged $4,375
- 24 Angus Fall Pairs averaged $3,783
- 10 SimAngus Fall Pairs averaged $3,870
- 1 Ultrablack Fall Pair brought $3,400
- 17 Angus Bred Cows averaged $2,729
- 1 SimAngus Bred Cow brought $3,000
- 6 Angus Bred Heifers averaged $2,567
- 3 SimAngus Bred Heifers averaged $2,767
- 1 Ultrablack Bred Heifer brought $3,600
- 4 Commercial Bred Heifers averaged $3,000
The top 2 bulls sold for $20,000- Lot 5 and 7. Lot 5, Yon Chattooga G246, sold to Dixie Valley Ranch in Montague, CA. Lot 7, Yon Chattooga G248, sold to Genex Cooperative, Inc, in Shawano, WI. Both top bulls were sired by Yon Chattooga E46. (Yons retained a 1/3 semen interest)
The second high selling bull was Lot 2, Yon Reno G730, at $15,000 to Select Sires Inc. in Plain City, OH. (Yons retained a 1/3 semen interest)
Third high selling bull was Lot 8, Yon Full Force G523, at $13,000 to Alta Genetics in Watertown, WI.
The top selling female lot was a fall pair, Lot 240/240A, Yon Sarah D238, at $6,250 to S&B Farms in Morganton, NC. Lot 240 is sired by Yon Final Answer W494 and sold with a heifer calf at side sired by BUBS Southern Charm AA31.
The Yon Family Farms Fall Sale will be held on October 31, 2020 in Ridge Spring, SC where approximately 400 head will be offered. Visit their website at www.yonfamilyfarms.com for more information.